Quotations for Halloween:- Welcome to the Web’s best page of quotes for Halloween! Back when I was a kid here in the desert it used to be chilly on Halloween night, but now a days they all wear summer-style costumes. I usually go as a ghost writer. What I actually do is take the opportunity to eat far too much candy. So if you are looking for some best Halloween quotes then our this page will surely helps you to find out best of the best Halloween quotes, Halloween quotes and sayings on Halloween, Halloweentown quotes, Halloween quotes funny, and Halloween quotes movie.
1) As spirits roam the neighborhoods at night,
Let loose upon the Earth till it be light…
2) Eat, drink and be scary. ~Author unknown
3) I’ll bet living in a nudist colony takes all the fun out of Halloween. ~Author unknown
4) Pixie, kobold, elf, and sprite,
All are on their rounds tonight;
In the wan moon’s silver ray,
Thrives their helter-skelter play.
5) A grandmother pretends she doesn’t know who you are on Halloween. ~Erma Bombeck
6) Witch and ghost make merry on this last of dear October’s days. ~Author unknown
7) Halloween wraps fear in innocence,
As though it were a slightly sour sweet.
Let terror, then, be turned into a treat…
8) Halloween is huge in my house and we really get into the “spirits” of things. ~Dee Snider
9) At first cock-crow the ghosts must go
Back to their quiet graves below.
10) Never let your kids buy an off-the-shelf Halloween costume. Forbid it, no matter how close you may be to the witching hour. Instead, help them make their own. Encourage them to use their imaginations and their ingenuity. Show them that what can be created is often better than what can be bought. And besides, don’t the darkest, most frightening things live inside us anyway? ~Joe Kita, “What I Know” (The Best Halloween Costume), Wisdom of Our Fathers, 1999
11) Halloween is an opportunity to be really creative,” Judy Gold”.
12) Hold on, man. We don’t go anywhere with “scary,” “spooky,” “haunted,” or “forbidden” in the title. ~From Scooby-Doo
13) When witches go riding,
and black cats are seen,
the moon laughs and whispers,
‘tis near Halloween.
14) On Halloween, what bothers some
About these witches, is how come
In sailing, through the air, like bats
They never seem, to lose their hats?
Hitchhiking owls, as we have seen,
Ride nicely on this queer machine…
Another thing: if brooms can fly,
Do witches keep them handy-by
To sweep the kitchen floor with, say?
Or do they have them locked away
For private passage through the sky?
~David McCord (1897–1997), “Witch’s Broom Notes”
15) I don’t know that there are real ghosts and goblins, but there are always more trick-or-treaters than neighborhood kids. ~Robert Brault
16) Bring forth the raisins and the nuts-
Tonight All-Hallows’ Spectre struts
Along the moonlit way.
~John Kendrick Bangs
17) There is a child in every one of us who is still a trick-or-treater looking for a brightly-lit front porch. ~Robert Braul
18) This Halloween the most popular mask is the Arnold Schwarzenegger mask. And the best part? With a mouth full of candy you will sound just like him. ~Conan O’Brien
19) ‘Tis the night — the night
Of the grave’s delight,
And the warlocks are at their play;
Ye think that without
The wild winds shout,
But no, it is they — it is they.
~Arthur Cleveland Coxe
20) Those seemingly interminable dark walks between houses, long before street-lit safety became an issue, were more adrenalizing than the mountains of candy filling the sack. Sadly Halloween, with our good-natured attempts to protect the little ones, from the increasingly dangerous traffic and increasingly sick adults, has become an utter bore. ~Lauren Springer
21) Where there is no imagination there is no horror. ~Arthur Conan Doyle, A Study in Scarlet, 1887
22) There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls. ~George Carlin
23) Peter is such a candy freak. I knew he’d stay our all night if he could…. This was his biggest night of the year. Bigger than Christmas. When he got home, he’d turn the shopping bag over on his rug and dump out all the candy. Then he’d sort it for hours, making piles of one candy bar and then another. He’s so totally mental. Sometimes when he was smaller he’d actually roll on his back in his Halloween candy, like a dog. ~R.L. Stine, Goosebumps Hall of Horrors: Night of the Giant Everything, 2011
24) Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen,
Voices whisper in the trees, “Tonight is Halloween!”
25) From ghoulies and ghosties
And long-leggedy beasties
And things that go bump in the night,
Good Lord, deliver us!
26) There is something haunting in the light of the moon; it has all the dispassionateness of a disembodied soul, and something of its inconceivable mystery. ~Joseph Conrad
27) Ghosts, like ladies, never speak till spoke to. ~Richard Harris Barham
28) If a man harbors any sort of fear, it makes him landlord to a ghost. ~Lloyd Douglas
29) Charlie Brown is the one person I identify with. C.B. is such a loser. He wasn’t even the star of his own Halloween special. ~Chris Rock
31) A gypsy fire is on the hearth,
Sign of the carnival of mirth;
Through the dun fields and from the glade
Flash merry folk in masquerade,
For this is Hallowe’en!
32) Once in a young lifetime one should be allowed to have as much sweetness as one can possibly want and hold. ~Judith Olney
33) Auld Daddy Darkness creeps frae his hole,
Black as a blackamoor, blin’ as a mole….
34) “I’m so happy that Halloween falls on a Wednesday this year!” said no teacher ever. ~Author unknown
35) Of calling shapes, and beck’ning shadows dire,
And airy tongues that syllable men’s names.
36) No flesh had the spectre, his skeleton skull
Was loosely wrapp’d round with a brown, shrivell’d skin;
His bones, ‘stead of marrow, of maggots were full,
And the worms they crawled out, and the worms they crawled in.
His shoes they were coffins, his dim eye reveal’d
The gleam of a grave-lamp with vapours oppress’d;
And a dark crimson necklace of blood-drops congeal’d
Reflected each bone that jagg’d out of his breast…
His tread wakes the echoes, which breathe thro’ the aisle…
Thrice swifter than thought on his heel round he turns…
His quill was a windpipe, his inkhorn a skull…
His lank fingers scrawled invitations in blood…
With groans from their tombs the pale spectres stalk’d forth,
In deadly apparel and shrouding sheets dress’d…
Grinning ghosts, sheeted spirits, skipping skeletons move…
A tomb was the table, now each took his seat…
~Matthew Gregory Lewis (1773–1818), “Grim, King of the Ghosts; or, The Dance of Death: A Church-Yard Tale,” c.1802 [A little altered. Nickname: “Monk” Lewis. Written in imitation of The Cloud-King. —tεᖇᖇ¡·g]
37) Acting is like a Halloween mask that you put on. ~River Phoenix
38) Stir the fire till it lowe
How like a queen comes forth the lonely Moon
From the slow opening curtains of the clouds
Walking in beauty to her midnight throne!
39) True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about but few have seen. ~Author unknown
40) Backward, turn backward,
O Time, in your flight
make me a child again
just for to-night!
~Elizabeth Akers Allen
41) And graves have yawn’d, and yielded up their dead…
And ghosts did shriek and squeal about the streets.
~William Shakespeare, Julius Caesar [II, 2, Calpurnia]
42) They that are born on Halloween shall see more than other folk. ~Saying of unknown originBeing in a band you can wear whatever you want — it’s like an excuse for Halloween everyday. ~Gwen Stefani
43) Being in a band you can wear whatever you want — it’s like an excuse for Halloween everyday. ~Gwen Stefani
44) You wouldn’t believe
On All Hallow Eve
What lots of fun we can make,
With apples to bob,
And nuts on the hob,
And a ring-and-thimble cake.
45) Hold on, man. We don’t go anywhere with “scary,” “spooky,” “haunted,” or “forbidden” in the title. ~From Scooby-Doo
46)After eating chocolate you feel godlike, as though you can conquer enemies, lead armies, entice lovers. ~Emily Luchetti
47) Forget love — I’d rather fall in chocolate! ~Attributed to Sandra J. Dykes
48) Look, there’s no metaphysics on earth like chocolates. ~Fernando Pessoa
49) Funny faces, tall black hats,
Horns and ghosts and witches’ cats.
We have many good things to eat
With boys at the door saying, “Trick or treat!”
~Julia Ann Andersen, c.1946, in American Childhood (Milton Bradley), Vol. 32
50) Nothing beats a haunted moonlit night on All Hallows Eve…. And on this fatal night, at this witching time, the starless sky laments black and unmoving. The somber hues of an ominous, dark forest are suddenly illuminated under the emerging face of the full moon. ~Kim Elizabeth
51) There is nothing that gives more assurance than a mask. ~Colette
52) When black cats prowl and pumpkins gleam,
May luck be yours on Halloween.
53) Hark! Hark to the wind! ‘Tis the night, they say,
When all souls come back from the far away-
The dead, forgotten this many a day!
54) Proof of our society’s decline is that Halloween has become a broad daylight event for many. ~Robert Kirby
55) Clothes make a statement. Costumes tell a story. ~Mason Cooley
56) Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen, voices whisper in the trees, tonight is Halloween.
57) ‘Tis now the very witching time of night,
When churchyards yawn, and hell itself breathes out
Contagion to this world.
~William Shakespeare, Hamlet [III, 2, Hamlet]
58) Some people are born for Halloween, and some are just counting the days until Christmas. Stephen Graham Jones
59) I love the spirit of Halloween and the energy that comes with it. Katharine McPhee
60) We were a family that made our Halloween costumes. Or, more accurately, my mother made them. She took no suggestions or advice. Halloween costumes were her territory. She was the brain behind my brother’s winning girl costume, stuffing her own bra with newspapers for him to wear under a cashmere sweater and smearing red lipstick on his lips. Ann Hood
61) On Halloween, parents sent their kids out looking like me, “Rodney Dangerfield”.
62) I definitely do not like Halloween. I don’t like masks, creepy clowns, dark things, goblins or witches. They’re not just my thing. Tyler Perry
63) Halloween starts earlier and earlier, just like Christmas. Robert Englund
64) It’s said that All Hallows’ Eve is one of the nights when the veil between the worlds is thin – and whether you believe in such things or not, those roaming spirits probably believe in you, or at least acknowledge your existence, considering that it used to be their own. Even the air feels different on Halloween, autumn-crisp and bright. Erin Morgenstern
65) There is nothing funny about Halloween. This sarcastic festival reflects, rather, an infernal demand for revenge by children on the adult world. Jean Baudrillard
66) But I love Halloween, and I love that feeling: the cold air, the spooky dangers lurking around the corner. Evan Peters
67) Halloween isn’t the only time for ghosts and ghost stories. In Victorian Britain, spooky winter’s tales were part of the Christmas season, often told after dinner, over port or coffee. Michael Dirda
68) Charlie Brown is the one person I identify with. C.B. is such a loser. He wasn’t even the star of his own Halloween special. Chris Rock
69) Halloween is bigger than Christmas in America. I’ve experienced it in New York, Los Angeles and Washington D.C., and if you’re in the right neighbourhood, every house is decorated with spooky ghosts, spider webs, and jack-o-lanterns. Rhys Darby
70) I see my face in the mirror and go, ‘I’m a Halloween costume? That’s what they think of me?’ Drew Carey
71) All my life, I have been a celebrant of Halloween. For me, it is the most important day of the year, the turning point in the old pagan calendar. John Burnside
72) I dressed up as a veterinarian for a Halloween costume party. I had the lab coat. I got a couple of stuffed animals for patients and put bandages on them. Tracy Chapman
73) I love scary movies. I like blood and gore, and I love Halloween movies. Carrie Underwood
74) People come over, and we watch things like ‘The Paul Lynde Halloween Special.’ I have a hot tub. Everybody puts on a bathing suit and we splash around. Paget Brewster
75) Seems like Americans just want it to be Halloween all year. The holiday just keeps getting more popular. Amity Shlaes
76) It seems to me that Halloween is the perfect time to get all over steampunk. Gail Carriger
77) I’m cool with people dressing up as Eleven for Halloween. I definitely want to open my door and give them candy. Millie Bobby Brown
78) If human beings had genuine courage, they’d wear their costumes every day of the year, not just on Halloween. Douglas Coupland
79) Halloween is fun, but it wasn’t always my favorite holiday. I think Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Tobin Bell
80) This Halloween, the most popular mask is the Arnold Schwarzenegger mask. And the best part? With a mouth full of candy you will sound just like him. Conan O’Brien
81) Halloween is one of my favorite days of the year. I have a strict rule: I don’t work on Halloween and I won’t travel on Halloween. Not for any reason. Simon Sinek
82) I wanted to – any chance I had to dress up as a boy, like Halloween, I would be a pirate or a ghost that wore a tie. A hobo. Jane Lynch
83) One year, I was a go-go girl for Halloween, and I got all this glitter eye shadow, my hair was poufy with braids, I was wearing all these different colors and fake eyelashes that went all the way up to my eyebrows. I totally enjoy the whole Halloween feel. Olivia Holt
84) I only eat candy on Halloween. No lie, ” Micheal Trevino”.
85) Every Halloween for six years, I was a Ninja Turtle, and Mikey was my favorite. The turtles really made me who I am today. They got me into martial arts, meditation, surfing, skateboarding; big time influence on who I am today. Greg Cipes
86) On Halloween, don’t you know back when you were little, your mom tells you don’t eat any candy until she checks it? I used to be so tempted to eat my candy on the way to other people’s houses. That used to be such a tease. Derrick Rose
87) I always loved Belle from ‘Beauty and the Beast’. I always thought I looked like her, so I dressed like her for every Halloween. Sofia Carson
88) People value Halloween, like Valentine’s Day, because they can tell themselves that it’s not merely secularized but actually secular, which is to say, not Christian, Jewish, Hindu or Muslim. Amity Shlaes
89) I don’t really dress up for Halloween. Katharine McPhee
90) Many cultures believe that on a certain day – Halloween, the Irish Samhain Eve, Mexico’s ‘Dia de los Muertos’ – the veil between this world and the next is especially thin. Michael Dirda
91) If ever there was a holiday that deserves to be commercialized, it’s Halloween. We haven’t taken it away from kids. We’ve just expanded it so that the kid in adults can enjoy it, too. Cassandra Peterson
92) I’ve never seen ‘Texas Chainsaw Massacre’, I’ve never seen ‘Halloween’, I’ve never seen any of the ‘Friday the 13ths.’ Lin Shaye
93) There haven’t been organized protests, but I have heard of protests where people have wanted to celebrate Halloween. Lisa Morton
94) No trick or treaters came to my house for Halloween. For some reason, people around here are scared of me. Glenn Danzig
95) ‘Halloween’ is classic Michael Myers. Dylan Minnette
96) I think before ‘Saw’ came along, there really wasn’t a movie franchise that actually went out there and said, ‘We’re going to come out with one every year during Halloween and make that our trademark.’ James Wan
97) It’s just a really cool deal to be a character in ‘WWE 2K17.’ Whether it’s competing on Nitro or Halloween Havoc, to have me as an available character… it’s a tribute. Bill Goldberg
98) I never even went to Jekyll & Hyde’s restaurant. I loved the Greenwich Village Halloween Parade, though. Alexandra Daddario.
99) I am unusually Halloween-attentive, because, as it happens, I was born on Halloween, so for me it has always been an occasion of great moment. Susan Orlean
100)I wasn’t allowed to have sugar as a kid. We didn’t have candy or soda or anything, so Easter and Halloween were my favorite times ’cause I could eat as much candy as I wanted. Kaley Cuoco